WHY CHOOSE VIT-C EQUINE?
Horses possess the enzyme L-gulonolactone oxidase required to produce Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, however the horse may not always be able to produce enough Vitamin C to meet the demands placed upon the body during intense training and exercise.
The most important function of Vitamin C is its involvement in Collagen formation. The vitamin is essential for the formation and maintenance of Collagen, and it is the main component of connective tissue.
As a water-soluble antioxidant, Vitamin C can help keep the horse healthy in times of stress working to fight against free radicals by neutralising them and therefore rendering them non-harmful. If antioxidants are unavailable free radicals can build up in the body leading to damage of cells and tissues.
VIT-C EQUINE BENEFITS
- Plays a role in the immune system of the horse by stimulating the formation of antibodies.
- Aids in the absorption of iron and copper and can regulate the metabolism of calcium, some amino acids and certain fats.
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage,
- Offers protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Water soluble
- No added fillers or bulkers